Software Engineer (Ruby/Rails)
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
- You are passionate about software engineering and have spent the past 3+ years working in Ruby on Rails
- You appreciate working directly with stakeholders and delivering quickly based on business needs.
- You have a good understanding of object-oriented programming languages
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself
- You default to concise and effective written and verbal communication
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- You'll work as part of a small team to build software to empower our Commercial, Insights, and Finance teams.
- Your work will help the business make great decisions.
- You’ll create tools that allow members of our organization to self-serve generated images, charts, reports and packages in various formats
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, educational resources and conference access
- Family support and planning benefits
- Stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 85 times per day
- We have over 500 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 75%+ distributed