Wavelo is a new software business on a mission to make telecom a breeze.
We provide flexible software that modernizes how communication service providers (CSPs) do business, helping them drive more value, focus on customer experience, and scale their operations faster.
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) —a global leader in internet services and SaaS platforms— Wavelo is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet, and loves learning, sharing their knowledge and applying new technologies to complex problems.
You have notable experience developing software and are good at using frameworks like Ruby on Rails to implement features and ship code regularly. You are also capable of navigating large codebases and uncovering the complexity in existing systems. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in code reviews and design discussions. In addition to the above, you are nimble and able to remain effective when priorities shift.
This position can be complete remote or you can work from one of our office locations located in Canada or USA. Preferred location for this position is remote or in Toronto head office.
What you’ll be doing:
In the first 30 days:
- Gain deep understanding of our existing platforms
- Implement small stories and ensure quality through writing automated tests
In the first 3 months:
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that development standards are adhered to
- Design and implement features of increasing complexity
In the first year:
- Share knowledge and act as a trusted mentor to junior team members.
- Own projects or features from conception to release
- Balance the need to ship code quickly with the need to make sound technical decisions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience building application in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages