Senior Frontend Engineer
Fountain is the market leader in high volume hiring with solutions that enable customers to get ahead of their hiring goals. Fountain’s all-in-one software allows companies to find and hire the right candidates faster. Our automated and customizable platform provides a seamless applicant experience while ensuring organizations have pipelines full of hourly talent who are ready to work.
Hundreds of customers, including Stitch Fix, GoPuff, Fetch, and sweetgreen, use Fountain to hire over 3 million workers annually in more than 75 countries.
In 2022, we closed $185M in our Series C, led by Softbank and B Capital, which 4.5Xed our valuation. Join our growing team of collaborative, compassionate, and unconventional Fountaineers as we empower our customers to exceed their hiring goals and open opportunities for the hourly workforce.
As a senior Front-End Software Engineer at Fountain, you will collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, designers, and product managers to create user-centered web applications that empower organizations to improve employee retention.
Your responsibilities include designing, developing, and maintaining the Worker Experience solution's products frontends and reviewing and coaching developers in their growth.
The Worker Experience team is divided into product squads, each autonomous in their implementation and accountable for developing new products using a product-led growth approach. New products are regularly released with a focus on product-based software development, which requires you to be comfortable with it.
We are a fairly new team and product in the company. As such, we operate with considerable agility and speed. You will be expected to take decisions with many unknowns, and have a lot of freedom to do so. In fact, you will be expected to operate not as one does in a larger organization, but with the autonomy that comes with building an early-stage product.
The role required collaboration in a widely international organization, across time zones, continents, and cultures (Western and Northern Europe, USA, South Africa, India, and more ongoing).
You will join the existing European Worker Experience squad composed of 2 backend developers, 2 frontend developers and a squad leader.
Location: you remotely work from a time zone included in UTC ± 4 hours.
- Develop, maintain and test elegant, user-friendly interfaces using modern front-end tooling.
- Collaborating closely with the design team to translate wireframes and mockups into well-designed, generic and reusable UI components.
- Implementing responsive designs that ensure a seamless experience across various devices and screen sizes.
- Participating in code reviews and pair programming to maintain code quality, consistency, and best practices.
- Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks and optimizing applications for maximum speed, scalability and ease of use.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and continuously seeking opportunities to enhance the user experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and specifically in front-end development.
- Proven experience in product-oriented software development.
- Proficiency in modern front-end technologies, including but not limited to:
- React, TailwindCSS, MUI, Vite, Vitest/Jest, Playwright, Storybook
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically about user interactions and system architecture.
- A general design common sense to be sufficiently aware of the UI/UX problematics to be able to adjust the Figma prototypes to the code and vice-versa.
- Solid understanding of responsive design principles and mobile-first development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English, to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders. French-speaking skills also valued.
- A passion for creating user-centered designs and a drive to stay updated with the latest trends in UI/UX.
- Capacity to operate independently and confidently, even when dealing with fluid situations.
Nice to have:
- An exercised eye to spot misaligned UI components, inconsistent spacing, disparate colors and misbehaving UI components
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Past positions in startups and international contexts will be appreciated.