Senior Full Stack Engineer
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Senior Full Stack Engineer - (Remote, US)
In this role, you will be a key member of the Wurl engineering video monetization team. Challenges of this position include creating highly scalable server infrastructure capable of responding to high load ad requests, while providing real time monitoring and metadata manipulation. You’ll be part of a team that owns the customer experience pipeline, from buying Ad demand to supplying Ad inventory to demand sources.
What You'll Do
- Shape and revolutionize the future of streaming TV
- Build innovative, market-leading technologies to help content companies and streamers succeed
- Participate in a 100% open environment where everyone is encouraged to share ideas, big and small
- Learn and grow in a rapidly accelerating industry
- Minimum 5 years of complete software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing backend applications in Node.js and/or Python
- Experience with JSON, API-level interface, and GraphQL
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL, Postgres
- Experience using modern web technologies and network transports
- Experience working with AWS services - EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS/SNS
- Experience with syndication of data to and from third parties via XML/JSON
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process
- Working knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, design principles processes, and best-practices, including Test Driven Development, git-flow, pull requests, code reviews, SLAs, etc
- Experience with CI/CD and infrastructure as code
- Experience with the Agile development process
A Plus if You Have
- Ad Tech experience a big plus: understanding VAST, oRTB, ABR Video flows, SSAI
- Experience with video pipelines in transcoding, packaging, and CDN delivery
- Knowledge in video delivery standards such as HLS, DASH, and CMAF
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance rewards approach. The expected base pay range for this [CA based or North America based] position is $141,000 - $196,000 and $166,000 - $230,000 for the Bay Area. Base compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.