Senior Backend Software Engineer
Brightback is a remote-first company that helps consumer subscription and online SaaS businesses grow customer lifetime value and reduce churn by intelligently surfacing and retaining subscribers. We are pioneering the customer retention automation category, serving innovators and category leaders like Freshly, MeUndies, Pipedrive and Unbounce, spanning the food delivery, subscription e-commerce & boxes, streaming media, fintech and insurance, and SaaS verticals. Brightback is a Series A, remote-first enterprise SaaS startup backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and investors. With remote headquarters in SF, our team brings decades of subscription experience from companies like Zendesk, LinkedIn, Twitter, Salesforce, and Heap Analytics.
This is a remote position, we are hiring anywhere in the US.
In order to realize our mission, we need your help to design and build software and systems that fulfill the needs of Brightback’s customers in this emerging category. You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Brightback, including writing production code, conducting code reviews and maintaining your software in production. You will be equally comfortable doing incremental quality work and building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
Who you are:
You want to be part of a community of talented, forward-thinking software engineers. You demonstrate clear and concise communication and data-driven decision-making. You're passionate about teaching, learning and growing your expertise. You aim to be helpful to your teammates, our customers, partners and the entire organization.
- 5+ years relevant experience and BS, MS or PhD in computer science or related field
- Expertise in one or more object oriented languages like Java, Scala, C#, C++
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts like common data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Exceptional debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews
- Desire to be part of a community of talented, forward-thinking software engineers
- Demonstrate clear, concise communication and data-driven decision-making
- You're passionate about teaching, learning and growing your expertise
- Collaborative and helpful to your teammates, customers, partners, and the entire organization
- Passionate about building something new and solving a critical industry blind spot
- Comfortable working remotely, self-sufficient.
- Pluses: AWS solutions, event driven systems, map reduce, OLAP, Postgres, experience in enterprise SaaS development, ETL pipelines.