As an early engineering hire, you will work directly with the CTO and founding team to design, develop, and maintain large swaths of ModernFi’s early IP. You will have impact and responsibility from day one, helping to shape the direction of the company, contributing to and developing engineering best practices, and laying the groundwork for the culture you’ve always wanted.
We believe in hiring the best talent and letting you build with autonomy and ownership, while also supporting you to learn and grow your technical and professional expertise. Not only is our team deeply skilled in their respective disciplines, we are eager to share our knowledge and learn from each other.
We move quickly. We are already working with the CFOs at a large number of banks and have several hundred in the pipeline. We are fortunate to be backed by Andreessen Horowitz, and our strategic partners include industry leaders across tech, finance, and government.
Your work at ModernFi matters. Our products help small and midsize banks better serve their communities, improving the financial health of millions of Americans. We are helping build the future of the American banking sector and, in doing so, contributing to the stability of the US economy.
- Design and implement delightful frontends for our clients, with a focus on UX
- Build on AWS with React, Typescript, and modern frontend frameworks
- Maintain and further engineering best practices (software design patterns, CI/CD, documentation, testing, etc.)
- Join our hybrid team working in NYC (if you’d like to be remote, we’re happy to discuss!)
- Tangible experience designing, developing, and shipping code in a team or independent setting
- Eagerness to learn and take your technical abilities to the next level
- Obsession with the customer and their experience interacting with ModernFi's products
- Ability to handle nebulous problems and shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, positivity, and open mindedness
- Excited by the prospect of life and career changing work in a startup environment
- High EQ, trustworthy, and calm under pressure
- Interest in financial systems, markets, and banking
The caliber and character of the ModernFi team set us apart.
We value competence and drive over experience and look for compassionate people with a diverse set of backgrounds. We appreciate technical ability, dedication, and humble confidence. Above all, we value kindness – kindness to our colleagues, our clients, our partners, and to ourselves. We push each other to be better every day, we’re there for each other when things don’t go our way, and we grow together on this journey. Because we are a close-knit team, we are selective and considerate with every hire.
The people at ModernFi could be doing anything in the world, yet they choose to be here.
We offer generous salary, unlimited PTO, and premium health, dental, and vision insurance. As an early hire, you will have access to significant equity at a critical stage of the company’s growth.