Back End Software Developer
Optimile is an international software as a service (SaaS) company, providing a range of applications in the field of mobility. Optimile has developed a cloud based platform that takes a Charging as a Service (CaaS) and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) approach in order to connect users with various means of transport.
Optimile offers a white label charge point operator (CPO) and mobility service provider (MSP) platform for electric vehicles and charging infrastructure to professional customers worldwide. Optimile is based in Ghent, Belgium. We operate in seven countries across 213.000 charging points, of which 11.000 with our own label. The shareholders of Optimile are BNP Paribas Fortis, Touring and AG Insurance.
Our platform creates a connection between different mobility services and users, and is responsible for managing various charging points for electric vehicles. Through the linked app, transport information and budgeting is easily accessible to the users. To support our fast growth, we are looking for a remote Back End Software Developer to strengthen our development team.
- You will work on our new, ecologically responsible form of networked mobility, building and improving the backbone of our platform.
- You'll link and integrate services in the back office system (Python and Django) and be responsible for documenting and writing automated tests.
- You'll be contributing to the further development of our change point management system for electrical vehicles and the integration of various mobility platforms.
- You'll set up roaming connections with other charging station operators.
- You'll set up interoperability with charging stations of other manufacturers.
- You'll offer technical support in the backend system for problems with the charging stations.
- Participate in the team process, using Agile Scrum methodologies to adapt and continuously improve.
- You are a backend developer living and working in the EU
- You are willing to travel to our headquarters in Belgium once in a while
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree, or have equal knowledge and skill by means of experience
- You are fluent in English
- You are interested in developing and expanding back-end systems
- You are not afraid of a challenge and to learn new technologies
- You have plenty experience working with Python and Django
- Full-time permanent role, based remotely.
- Competitive salary.
- Fast growing international company.
- A great, supportive team to work with.
- The possibility to develop an innovative product in a new market within an international context