Senior Software Engineer
Recharge is the leader in powering physical subscriptions, making it one of the most important ecommerce engines. Recharge powers over 50M subscriptions worldwide and has processed more than 10B in transactions. More than 15K brands such as Verve Coffee Roasters, Bokksu, Who Gives A Crap, Billie, and Bite Toothpaste Bits rely on Recharge daily to grow their businesses and delight their customers.
Recharge’s mission is to enable brands and merchants to form strong, lasting relationships with their customers through recurring purchases. As merchants seek ways to drive more direct sales and distribution through their channels and move away from a reliance on traditional online marketing strategies, Recharge has made it possible to grow businesses with seamless, recurring customer transactions.
Bootstrapped until 2020, Recharge is valued at over 2.1B dollars and is a double unicorn with a total raise of 277M dollars. Join us as we work with our merchants to define the future of ecommerce.
The Core Commerce group at Recharge is responsible for several services core to our business as well as building pivotal core features at Recharge for our merchants, and their customers. Ensuring we are continuing to build, maintain, and automate payment processing which caters more than $10B annually, checkout portals along with backend APIs, and order data models used throughout Recharge.
We're looking for engineers who like to collaborate closely with others and relentlessly seek ways to improve our code base, processes, and themselves.
Our Tech Stack: Python, Flask, VueJs, Kubernetes, GCP, Elasticsearch, Redis, Terraform, OpenTelemetry, Docker, Splunk, SignalFx,CloudSQL/MySQL
Who you are
We recognize that there are a variety of personalities and work styles. Here are some facets of people who enjoy working at Recharge engineering:
- You love remote work, but not working alone. You love not commuting to work, but you also love collaborating to clarify, confirm, theorize, figure out, and decide on solutions to problems
- You love exploring ideas with rapid prototyping and prioritizing the ones that have an immediate business impact
- You love tackling challenges on different fronts like code, infrastructure, documentation, and evangelizing new libraries and services to stakeholders
- You love the fast-paced nature of the eCommerce world
- You are good at breaking up work into near, mid, and long-term phases so you can deliver value all along the way as you work toward a clear overall direction.
- You love rapid iterative design and development while gaining context and understanding along the way. You can recognize when you know enough to take the next useful step to deliver value
What you’ll do
- Build high-impact, high-performance, high-scale products for development teams to succeed in the delivery of features
- Understand roadmap priorities and write frontend and/or backend code focused on scalability, testability, supportability, and maintainability
- With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Debug production issues across stack.
- Perform thorough code reviews and provide useful constructive feedback.
- Contribute to cultivating a positive team environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to lean in as needed when duty calls
What you’ll bring
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self-driven; pragmatic; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remote-first in a high-growth company
- Ability to demonstrate high self-sufficiency to take on and complete projects promptly
- We need our engineers to be versatile, display ownership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward
- Experience with Python, Serverless, Kubernetes, and Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
Experience / Education / Qualifications
- Familiarity with micro-service architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other STEM-related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable cloud computing experience
- Prior e-commerce experience preferred