Full Stack Developer
Quin Technology is the tech driven, product development arm of Infohealth Ltd.
We come from all sorts of academic and commercial backgrounds. We embrace big personalities, unleash people with genius, foster excellence, encourage uniqueness and preach love and respect for each other and our target audiences.
We’re on a mission to pioneer a consumer-led breakthrough for people with long term medical conditions.
We’re expanding our software development team with the hope of hiring a full time/part time full stack developer.
We’re a small team and this is the perfect environment to learn given you will be in contact with all part of the business and your voice will be heard, if that’s what you want.
- You will do the typical stuff. But what we really want you to get is we want you to constantly strive to grow. We want you you acquire skills, and transform your mindset towards being human-centric.
- Our biggest Marketing Strategy is to care. And we expect you to care.
- You will be working on the company’s key strategic platform, Now Patient, whose mission it is to make pharmacy services and medication management more accessible and effective for every person.
- You will be tasked with delivering high quality, well tested software to specification, adhering to best practices. You will be part of a highly motivated Agile team with frontend & backend developers and UX designs to implement new features and to improve the overall Now Patient product.
- You will have an excellent working knowledge of PHP, Laravel, OOP and SOLID principles, SQL with excellent database design skills. You will have knowledge of using tools such as Composer to manage dependencies and Git version control. A good knowledge of API design, implementation and integration is required.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Behat / PHPUnit is highly advantageous. The ideal candidate should be self-driven and highly motivated, have an excellent eye for detail and be able to work and communicate well as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Work closely with other developers, as well as independently, to deliver new features and bug fixes
- Attend meetings with teams to gather requirements
- Provide support to the wider Now Patient team with day-to-day enquiries
- Review code and merge pull requests
- Help document code and processes
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
Skills / Experience
- 2+ years of commercial web development experience
- Understanding of web standards and accessibility
- OOP & SOLID design principles
- Technical experience using PHP 7+ and Laravel 5+
- Knowledge of responsive development techniques
- Familiarity with using Git\Bitbucket to create branches, push new code changes and create pull requests for code review purposes
- Experience with Next.js
- Experience with any headless CMS
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum project environment
- Familiarity with software management tools like the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc.) or a similar set of applications.
Who you are
- A person with a good sense of humour and a proactive, positive attitude.
- A creative with flair in the generation of fun and original online content
- Brave enough to say you don’t know so you can learn
- Able to challenge people at all levels and be challenged
- Interested in developing your skills