At Horizons, we're building the infrastructure to power borderless teams. By handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance, our technology enables businesses to hire anyone anywhere compliantly at the push of a button.
If you're interested in adding to our vision of enabling people to work in dream jobs, for every company, and from anywhere in the world, scroll down to apply now!
We're committed to building a global, diverse team representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability. Being a Horizoneer means being part of a growing, international family.
About the role
As a Product Designer, you are responsible for crafting an outstanding experience for the users of the Horizons app. You will research and understand issues with our current UX, design compelling solutions to fix these issues and work with our product and engineering team on the implementation. Throughout this process, you will apply best practices in design & add to our growing library of Figma design components.
What this job offers
Create personas for different types of client users (employees, administrators, managers, finance users...etc.)
Build a UX that works for users from all across the globe (e.g., web app, mobile app)
Contribute to our design system making sure that we’re building a scalable and delightful experience across any feature
More about the role and core responsibilities
- Perform research with a focus on empathy with client’s issues
- Gain a detailed understanding of our user personas in all areas of the Horizons platform
- Understand user research (choice of methodology to application) and product development
- Understand and apply the design process end to end, from discovery to delivery, as part of an agile Product team
- Gather and translate business/client insight into design concepts to test and validate design directions and decisions
- Produce low and high-fidelity sketches/prototypes/final UI
- Design thoughtful solutions independently and in close collaboration with a product manager and other experts
- Designs resonate quickly with other stakeholders inside and outside of our organization
- Improve proposed solution quickly based on the detailed feedback of others
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs of the highest quality
- Contribute to the component system and be an owner of your design
The role will be a great fit if you have...
- Professional background
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience working in an agile team, and advocating good practice in end-to-end product design processes from discovery to delivery
- Ability to produce production-level visual and interaction design
- Understanding of modern product design approaches and foundational interaction design principles and patterns
- Experience in engaging and influencing customers and stakeholders to achieve optimal, user-centered outcomes
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative working style, able to translate complex technical subject matter to user requirements and solutions
- Ability to produce high-fidelity presentations for our internal and external clients/partners as well as video producing/editing skills
- Experience in various areas of UX design (UI, IxD, IA)
Working experience with design systems and contributed to a consistent design practice
A proven track record of user-friendly designs, and can clearly explain the work that went into arriving at these designs
Proficient in Figma, including recent releases
Plus: work experience with Storybook or a similar tool
What it's like working at Horizons
Our service & product. We're a technology company, not an accountancy, payroll provider, recruitment firm or similar. We build a workforce management platform that allows our customers to hire the best talent in minutes, without worrying about compliance, payroll, or HR admin.
Our amazing team and environment. Working at Horizons means you're working on something very exciting: Allowing every person on the planet to have access to equal opportunities in living a fulfilled work and personal life. We believe in hiring from within and going the extra mile to retain top talent. As the company continues to grow extremely fast, you will be given the opportunity to develop and grow alongside.
Our benefits and perks.
Being a Horizoneer means that you get the benefit of:
- A competitive salary
- An asynchronous working environment
- Unlimited paid time off
- A "Remote-First" company environment (or Hybrid)
- The ability to work from abroad for a short period of time
- Attending global annual team meet-ups
- Global mobility options for long-term moves
- Growth opportunities within the company
- Choosing your own hardware (Windows or Mac) - which we will buy for you!