Senior Product Designer
Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
A great opportunity for visionaries who want to make an impact!
We have consumer-focused roles for designing mobile apps and experiences that tens of thousands of people rely on. We have Growth Design opportunities for those who enjoy working with Marketing and acting as a through-line between Sales and Product. There's also plenty of work with platform and investor tools, where you can help visualize complex data and design usable and accessible dashboards for real-estate professionals.
You will do it with the full support of our experienced product managers, inquisitive data analysts and UX researchers, brilliant engineers and the rest of the Design Team who always got your back.
Responsibilities: What you'll do!
- Use your artistic eye and good taste to design beautiful and usable UI components that will take our interface to the next level
- Use your analytical mind and intelligence to discover how to improve the user experience for everyone using our platform and apps
- Work in Figma to design and prototype new features, flows and entire products using our Design System (MyndBlox)
- Constantly communicate with Product Managers, Engineers and Business partners to ensure all the designs are implemented to specifications
- Participate in internal design critiques and present your work to the rest of the stakeholders
- Conduct usability testing and user research with our Mynders, investors, residents, applicants and vendors
Qualifications: What'll get your foot in the door!
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI design
- Mastery in Figma preferred, but if you’re an expert in Sketch or Adobe XD, that works as well
- Experience working on complex SaaS products
- Always a plus if you’re good in icon design and illustration
- We are using Jira and Notion to manage our products, so if you’ve worked with those platforms before, it'll be easier
- We’d love to review a detailed portfolio of your work, especially if it includes some UX case-studies that describe the thought processes behind the design decisions (user-flow diagrams, stakeholder interviews, etc..)
- Fluency in English
- This is mostly a remote position, but our office is in Oakland, California, so you should be available to work more-or-less during North American business hours
- Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor