ConsumerAffairs helps consumers make smart buying decisions in moments of need. Every month millions of consumers turn to our site and tools for help with their considered (often emotional) purchases.
We educate them about their options, learn about their specific needs, and connect hundreds of thousands of them directly to brands. These brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews and communicate directly with consumers to serve them better. Our business thrives when the consumers who trust us get matched with the right brands for them.
We’re fast-paced and our core values are the bedrock of who we are and who we want to be.
Our employees believe in raising the bar through data-driven innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We have a team-first mentality, and manifest wins by putting the team first. Collaboration and teamwork are in our hearts; we believe winning together is the most fun. But, above all else, we care. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. If you want to be part of a globally diverse team focussing on helping people, in an environment where we raise the bar, win as a team, and care above all else—then ConsumerAffairs may be just the place for you!
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are seeking a talented and creative Experience Designer to join our dynamic team at our esteemed consumer brand. If you have a passion for designing visually captivating and user-friendly experiences, this is the perfect opportunity for you. You will play a crucial role in enhancing our brand's online presence and creating immersive digital experiences for our consumers.
Join our passionate team and contribute to the success of our consumer brand by leveraging your creativity, technical skills, and dedication to delivering exceptional design solutions. Together, let's elevate our digital presence and create unforgettable online experiences for our valued consumers.
Responsibilities & Expectations
These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required
- Take ideas from conception through execution. We are a small team so you'll work across a wide range of areas - product, content, user research, and deep interest in AI technology
- Create and maintain all graphics for our content team.
- Collaborate with the design team to create AI systems for text-to-image photography and illustrative compositions
- An eye for design and photography selection/editing for a consumer brand
- Assist in creating and designing digital and social media assets.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with the product design team, and editorial folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- You are highly empathetic and passionate about helping others. You’re excited about building a solid design foundation within our team and eager to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ship products and features our users love.
- A passion for creating products that balance function and emotional impact on people
- Strong storytelling skills with a real passion for finding new, effective ways to advocate for our users.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
Qualifications & Credentials
Minimum Qualifications & Credentials
- 2+ years of real-world design experience
- Midjourney, Leap, etc.
- Portfolio of interaction and visual design projects that demonstrates a holistic view of your design experience
- Figma, Adobe Suite, Google Suite
- Strong time-management skills; must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite
- Team collaborative spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with front-end engineers, product managers, and various stakeholders
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results, and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently.
- Takes decisive action, and confidently changes course if unsuccessful
- Displays a growth mindset to continually improve; encourages everyone around them to to be tenacious and never settle.
- Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focussed on solving issues,
- Acts with urgency; delivers top results in hours and days instead of weeks and months.
- Relentless in their pursuit of success and possesses the willpower to embrace challenges as opportunities
- Specific Measures of Success – Expected Outcomes
Start Date to Start Date +1 Year
- Create process and execution of transitioning all photos to new styles within X months
- Increase engagement metrics by improving content design across how-to templates by
- Support Sr. Designers to improve design speed to market
- Raise The Bar
- We raise the bar through innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We are not satisfied with yesterday and our hearts thirst to be better tomorrow.
- Win As A Team
- We manifest wins by putting the team first. We have collaboration and teamwork in our hearts and believe winning together is the most fun.
- Care Above All Else
We care above all else. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Location: Remote/ Tulsa or remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
- (Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan