Real Vision helps people understand the complex world of finance, business, and the global economy with real in-depth analysis by real experts through the power of its community.
The company is on a mission to democratize the very best financial intelligence for all and become the one place where everyone lives their financial lives.
This enhanced platform will offer members different learning journeys that put them in control of their finances. Members will be able to watch videos, listen to podcasts, monitor market prices, analyze markets and economies, do technical analysis, create watch lists, read and publish research, monitor their portfolios, execute trades across both Tradfi and Crypto, and contribute to a thriving hive mind community.
We are looking for an Experience Designer to help us create products and design services based on the needs, wants, and desires of groups and individuals looking to gain confidence when it comes to their finances. We’re looking for an empathetic generalist at heart who lives to simplify complexity. Someone who constantly seeks ways to improve things gets up in the morning to make stuff and stays ahead of the curve when it comes to all things brand, design, technology, and culture.
While making-the-world-a-better-place is often taken lightly these days, we’re actually trying to live up to its original intent. In order to do this, we need to see the world through the eyes of our members and create experiences to help them achieve their goals. That’s why we need your help.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Partner with researchers to understand why people are choosing Real Vision to address their needs:
- Participate in workshops that lead to the definition of Jobs To Be Done, journey maps, and other tools to help illustrate current behavior and potential opportunities.
- Help conduct research as needed to gain insights and identify opportunities to alleviate pain points within current experiences.
- Reference these insights and opportunities when making design decisions.
Own the design phase:
- Immerse yourself in and understand existing products and services before attempting to improve them.
- Know when to re-imagine entire experiences instead of simply improving aspects of them.
- Think about every single touchpoint within the experience - including the operational considerations required to change the status quo and all marketing communication opportunities to entertain, educate, inspire, and convince our target audience to choose Real Vision.
- Roll-up your sleeves and develop service blueprints, ecosystem diagrams, storyboards, sketches, wireframes, low/hi-fi prototypes (physical + digital), and any other deliverables that help communicate the intended experience.
- Partner with our Design Studio to ensure brand identity comes through everything to shape consistent 360-degree experiences.
- Develop and execute test plans alongside researchers to gauge success of your concepts.
Remain actively involved in the development, launch, and learning phases to:
- Ensure the desired experience is built and delivered as intended.
- Seek to understand what worked and what didn't work.
- Identify additional opportunities for improvement.
Our Ideal Candidate Profile
Problem-solving skills through the lens of design:
- You are wired to think cross-channel - not just digital, not just physical.
- You live to apply things you've learned from the fields of interaction design, graphic design, industrial design, package design, game design, architectural design, conversational design, and other design disciplines that don't even have a name yet in order to solve problems.
- You are passionate about both the arts and the sciences.
- You are able to use zoom control as you're examining opportunties and solutions to ensure no detail is missed while being able to see the forest from the trees.
- You can shift effortlessly from digital ecosystems to in-person experiences and back.
- You love telling stories that capture the attention of members and non-members alike.
- You love making stuff.
- You love trying different things to see what sticks.
- You always advocate for the needs of humans.
- You are proficient in Figma.
- You enjoy experimenting with other design tech (e.g., MidJourney, Canva AI, Framer, etc.)
- You have also used more "classic" design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
- You have working knowledge of other design tools ranging from After Effect to Blender.
- You have are very curious about AI, AR, VR, MR, VUI, and a whole bunch of other acronyms.
- You are an extremely detail-oriented, organized multi-tasker
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You listen before you speak
- You love collaborating with other to solve problems
- You are self-driven and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You are able to adjustment on the fly without getting tripped up
- You are passionate about helping other achieve their goals
- You have at least 4 years of practical, hands-on design experience -- particularly designing digital products
- You graduated with a BA/BS degree in Human Factors, HCI/Computer Science, Industrial Design, Architecture, or a related field that has helped you transition into a design career
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates both design thinking and making. Understanding how you've worked on past projects will be a critical part of the initial vetting process, so we're asking all candidates to share any relevant artifacts (e.g., personas, experience maps, service blueprints, wireframes, prototypes, etc.) to give us a better sense of your skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days accrued PTO a year
- US Public Holidays
- 5 sick days
- 100% covered health, dental, and vision for the individual employee (with full family coverage at a heavily reduced rate)
- 4% dollar-for-dollar 401k match after 90 days
- 100% remote
- Equity grants that vest annually over 3 years. 1/3 vests each year.
- Growth Opportunities
- Real Vision All Access membership