As a Product Designer, you will collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to create engaging and user-friendly interfaces for custom web applications. You will be responsible for designing intuitive user experiences that align with client requirements, industry best practices, and current design trends. Your creative mindset, technical expertise, and attention to detail will contribute to the success of our projects and help us deliver exceptional web applications.
The compensation range for this position is $50 - $75 per hour. This position is fully remote within the United States and its Territories.
SmartLogic is an experienced and growing custom software development consultancy successfully serving clients since 2005. We are deeply committed to our team, our clients, and the communities where we work. Some of our recent company initiatives include , , our , and the . SmartLogic values both continuous growth as well as giving back to the community.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Engineering. You will not have any direct reports for supervision purposes
- Proficiency with Figma for design and prototyping. Familiarity with CSS frameworks is a major plus (we use Tailwind UI for most projects).
- Experience with accessibility principles, standards, and best practices, including WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.1 or later. Familiarity with designing for assistive technologies, such as screen readers, magnifiers, and keyboard navigation is a big plus!
- Experience presenting designs to clients, implementing feedback, and working with developers to implement approved designs.
- Available to work an average workload of 10 - 20 hours per week, overlapping with 10am - 4pm US Eastern Time Monday through Friday.
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to understand project requirements and translate them into visually appealing and intuitive user interfaces, implemented as wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Conduct user research to gain insights into user behaviors, needs, and preferences. Apply design principles, usability testing, and research findings/market research to enhance the overall user experience.
- Collaborate with developers, staff engineers, project managers, and other product designers to balance design needs and details with overall project goals, budget, and timeline.
- Perform peer reviews on work products of others and your own to enhance the overall quality of design work at SmartLogic.
Qualities we value
- Effective articulation of ideas and design solutions
- Expressing feedback with kindness and candor
- Tolerance for ambiguity and healthy curiosity
- Translation of quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribution to our culture: motivation, optimism, quality, integrity
We are continuously working to cultivate a supportive and inclusive workplace that recognizes and respects diversity of background, experience, and thought. We believe that diversity benefits both our company culture and the software we write.
SmartLogic is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies.
This position is fully remote and you may work from anywhere in the United States.
SmartLogic is committed to professional development and community involvement. We provide ample opportunity for learning through dedicated professional development days, participation in conferences, and company-supplied access to books and other resources. We organize events, meetups, and invest in our local and online communities.