Senior Data Analyst
At Netlify, our Data & Insights team is a core part of the go-to-market strategy. We have a passion for data, are strategic partners to the business that define critical analytical problems, and drive data-driven recommendations using narratives and visualizations. We’re remote-first and are distributed across North America. Joining our team is a unique opportunity to work with some of the smartest, most motivated, and kindest people in the industry. We are looking for doers and builders, people who like to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Data Analyst, you are a member of a team of data-driven influencers, setting the standard for how data and analytics are used at Netlify, and inspiring our product and marketing teams to action. If you’re excited about researching customer behavior and market trends, analyzing product data, and working side-by-side with Marketing and Product Management leadership to inform and build better solutions that will delight our customers, this is a role for you!
- Work closely with leaders across product and marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand their business needs; become an expert in translating these needs into specific analyses with actionable insights
- Advocate for improvements to data tracking, quality, and performance
- Be a driving influencer on the use and application of analysis; deliver what’s needed, and show what’s possible. In your analysis, you’ll use multiple data sources to discover what is going well for our customers, where we can improve, and what to build next.
- Conduct quantitative analysis of user behavior to uncover issues or opportunities to improve our customers’ experience
- Inform the product strategy via outcomes of tests and experiments
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy and will benefit from the support of the Data & Insights Team — sharing ideas and debating approaches. You will also mentor, coach, and lead other data analysts by providing feedback that helps them deliver more effective analyses and develop their careers.
- Define (or redefine) leading indicators of success for Product and Marketing. Serve as the expert for these metrics by understanding how data collection is instrumented in the product and marketing systems, how it flows through our ETL pipeline and is aggregated, and how metrics are defined in our analytics projects.
- Construct the core dashboards, visualizations, and analyses to help stakeholders monitor business health and make better decisions
- Perform ad hoc analyses into user behavior to inform specific, near-term experiment designs or product decisions, or long-term product strategy
- Partner with Data Infrastructure and Platform team, engineering, and other internal operations teams to enable a high level of data integrity, consistency, and clarity across cross multiple internal databases and reporting systems
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- A history of supporting Product led Growth and Marketing stakeholders and influencing their decision-making with data
- Demonstrated ability to work with large datasets; particularly data mining, manipulation, and exploration
- Proficiency in writing performant, complex SQL queries combining multiple sources of data
- Some high-level exposure to analytical development tools such as Amplitude, Data Visualization tools, Git, dbt, and Snowflake as well as data analytics or statistical tools such as R or Python
- Confidence using a variety of analytical and statistical techniques
- An appetite for learning and passion for the role of data in helping solve complex questions
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
- Experience working at, or a strong understanding of saas startups is helpful
- We welcome remote candidates based in North American timezones