At Tydo, you’ll get the benefits of working directly in the consumer product world while also tackling exciting data visualization and science problems. We are meeting-lite, lean, focused, and hungry. We solve complex problems with boring solutions and build products that benefit the customer over all else. We enjoy working with each other and are excited to help Brands and their Partners grow.
We are a data first company; we load it, transform it, and tell stories with it. We’re backed by Founder’s Fund, Greylock Partners, YCombinator and top-tier eCommerce and fintech founders.
About the Role
We are seeking a skilled Data Scientist with outstanding SQL skills to join our Analytics team. You'll play a pivotal role in our company's success by closely collaborating with top D2C Brands and Partners to create customized reporting solutions. In this role, you will leverage your expertise in data analysis, modeling, and visualization to extract insights and help customers grow their businesses. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, enabling them to effectively understand client needs and present actionable insights to a diverse range of stakeholders, ultimately shaping the future growth and success of Tydo and the D2C ecosystem.
Why the Role Is Unique
Model Complex, Real-World Problems - The highest impact data products for modern D2C businesses arise from where discrete data are joined. In this role, you’ll leverage the Tydo data platform to derive complex insights from services that businesses rely on to operate. As a data expert, you’ll also have the opportunity to research and implement solutions on novel metrics and models.
See Your Impact - You will work directly with ecommerce and product leaders in companies that are revolutionizing the consumer landscape. Unlike traditional Data Science roles, you’ll see firsthand how Brands and Partners rely on your modeling to grow their business.
Combination of DTC + SaaS - You get the best of both worlds: B2C and B2B. We aren’t your typical SaaS company in that we are catering to people who understand how to market to consumers REALLY well. So we get to be experts in both.
Inside View of Leading Companies - This role is an interesting way to get an inside view of strategies from leading DTC companies. You will get to learn from the leaders, understand trends across the industry, and become a knowledge expert in growing industries like DTC, e-commerce, analytics, performance marketing and machine learning.
- Collaborate closely with D2C brands and partners to understand their specific data and reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain customized reporting solutions built with SQL and Python that address client needs and drive data-driven decision-making.
- Apply statistical modeling techniques to uncover hidden patterns, trends, and insights that inform business strategies.
- Create visually appealing and easy-to-understand data visualizations and dashboards for clients, including technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends in data science, ensuring our solutions remain competitive.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, and Data teams to help drive data product architecture and strategy.
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical role, having worked in a related area such as operations, finance, customer acquisition or retention.
- B.A./B.S in Math, Statistics, or related quantitative discipline.
- Located in Western US Time zone. Big plus if in West Los Angeles.
- A strong background in quantitative analysis, specifically in advanced modeling techniques to solve business problems in operations and finance, such as forecasting demand, inventory planning, and LTV and cohort analysis.
- Advanced SQL knowledge (window function, CTE, etc) as well as applied experience of statistical analysis techniques in a related field, such as financial modeling, customer segmentation, and working with discrete data sets from core business services
- You’re a strong analytical thinker with experience working with large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- You have strong project management skills and a sense of ownership over your work including monitoring and maintenance.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to get up to speed on complex systems, break down problems, and develop rigorous quantitative POVs very quickly.
- A true self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing your own priorities and adapting where challenges and opportunities are commonplace. You are enthusiastic about remote work.
- Advanced Data visualization skills in Looker or similar product is a plus.